Born: 1437, Grafton Regis, Northamptonshire, England
Died: 8 June 1492, Bermondsey, London, England
Buried: St. George's Chapel, Windsor
Reigned England: 1 May 1464 – 30 Oct 1470
11 Apr 1471 – 9 Apr 1483
Married Edward of York IV Plantagenet King of England: 1 May 1464
She was the daughter of Richard Woodville 1st Earl Rivers and Jacquetta of Luxembourg
Married 1st Sir John Grey: 1452
1. Thomas, Marquess of Dorset (1455 – 20 Sep 1501) married 1st Anne Holland, married 2nd Cecily Bonville, had 14 children, grandfather of Lady Jane Grey
2. Richard, Sir (1460 – 25 June 1483) was executed by Richard III
Married 2nd Edward IV of York Plantagenet King of England
1. Elizabeth of York, Queen of England (11 Feb 1466 – 11 Feb 1503) married Henry VII Tudor King of England, had issue
2. Mary of York (11 Aug 1467 – 23 May 1482)
3. Cecily of York, Viscountess Welles (20 Mar 1469 – 29 Aug 1507) married 2nd John Welles, had issue
4. Edward V, King of England (2 Nov 1470 – 29 July 1483?) killed by Uncle Richard III, was betrothed to Anne of Brittany
5. Margaret of York (10 Apr 1472 – 11 Dec 1472)
6. Richard, Duke of York (17 Aug 1473 – 29 July 1483?) killed by Uncle Richard III
7. Anne of York, Countess of Surrey (2 Nov 1475 – 23 Nov 1511) Thomas Howard later 3rd Duke of Norfolk, 1 son later died
8. George Duke of Bedford (Mar 1477 – Mar 1479)
9. Catherine of York, Countess of Devon (14 Aug 1479 – 15 Nov 1527) married William Courtenay Earl of Devon, 3 kids 1 surviving son and 1 daughter
10. Bridget of York, nun at Dartford Priory at Kent (10 Nov 1480 - 1517)
At the time of her marriage her husband had deposed Henry VI of the Lancaster line of the Plantagenet family and was the ruling King.
She was the first commoner to marry an english king. After Edward's death her son became Edward V but her brother-in-law wanting the throne took her son who been traveling to london to be crowned took him into custody. In fear she took her daughters and youngest son Richard and took sanctuary in Westminster. Although Richard claimed to have no ill will and was simply being a guardian had the young king lodged in the tower which was not considered unusal as all Kings that are soon crowned briefly lodged in the tower and Richard claimed that Edward V needed company and that the duke of york should join him and She foolishly believed him and let him place her son with his brother. Richard then had parliament declare her marriage invalid on false grounds her husband was betrothed to an another woman when they married and that he was possibly not the son of Richard's father. Her sons Edward and Richard became famously known as the Princes of the tower and they died.
After the boys deaths Richard III did no other harm to her or her 5 daughters. She conspired with Margaret Beaufort to remove Richard from the throne who died in 1485 in battle.
Interesting thing to note, her son Edward was betrothed to Anne the heir to the Duchy of Brittany and the agreement of the marriage was that the second son born would become the Duke of Brittany, but after his death Anne was forced to Marry Charles VII King of France.
She is a descendant of the Counts of La March through Hugh VIII and is a descendant of King Louis VII of France and Eleanor of Aquitaine through their daughter Marie.
All credit goes to Doll-Divine and Azalea's Dress Up Doll Tudor Maker.[link]